Harry Krause

Default Bush strategy kills a couple more...

thunder wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:17:37 -0400, Tuuk wrote:

Not much of an optimist there harry,,

you should be saying ""Bush strategy saves more lives"""

Have you any idea how many lives have been saved because of the U.S
stopping Saddam's killing? Or is that like opportunity costs for you
harry.

I'm not sure any lives have been saved. As near as I can figure, using
various sources on the net, Saddam murdered around 700,000 Iraqis in his
24 years as tyrant or @30,000 per year. Now, most estimates of civilian
Iraqi deaths, since our invasion, are @10,000. The problem is estimating
Iraqi military deaths. I've seen figures ranging from 10,000 to 20,000.
If we use the higher number, we are the equal to that thug, Saddam.

We're killing thousands of Iraqis to make that country safe for democracy.

Hmmmm.

Sounds like Vietnam, eh?