Default New Jersey operator licensing

Roger Long wrote:
As a just (self) grounded private pilot, it does seem strange to go
out and do something that involves just as much responsibility and
requires just as much skill (at least to do safely) with out all the
training and oversight involved in flying aircraft. Boat licensing is
probably overdue but I still hate to see it coming up over the
horizon.

Your premise is wrong. Boating is far easier to do safely than flying.
There are far more boaters than flyers and they have far fewer serious
accidents. In terms of accidents per person mile I'm sure that walking
on stairs is more dangerous than boating... Should we require stair
user licences? I can't see where the government has a compelling
interest here...

-- Tom.