Don Dando

Default Boat won't go into gear

Inboard ? Outboard? I/O ? Each has a different solution.

Don Dando

"Travis" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently bought a used boat. When I took it out on the lake, I had
trouble getting it to go into gear. I had to try numerous times. The
engine would rev up, but it would not go into forward or reverse. About
one out of every 30 tries of pushing the throttle all the way forward
would make it jerk into gear. Once I finally got into into gear, it
would go fast with no problem, but when I put it back into neutral, I
had the same problem again. What could the issue be and how expensive
is it to have fixed?