posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
riverman

Default Looking for a river recommendation

Yeah, I read about that. The last time I ran it, there had been a
severe blowdown in that same stretch; wiped out the entire mountainside
river right....probably the old downed trees contributed to the fire.
Getting through the shallows between the two lakes was a real bushwack,
and the abundant beaver dams were a real challenge to negotiate. We
brought axes and saws on the first trip of the season for the
strainers, but replaced them with chainsaws on the next trip. You can
really rip open a path with a Stihl.

OK, despite the fact that my old friend and colleage Gilles Brideau is
running Cine outfitters on the Bonaventure, and would probably give me
a free shuttle and unlimited access to his campsites all up and down
the river, we'll most likely skip the circus and find a different
river.

--riverman