Rosalie B.

Default Yacht water storage links -Mic

"Roger Long" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote
Perhaps Roger Long could cast some light on the question?

Another reason though for using bottled water, despite confidence in
your tanks, is all the funky stuff that can get into marina hoses and
piping. It doesn't take much getting in when the pipes and hoses sit
out there warm in the sun. Even though we don't drink the water from
our tank, I like to fill it on a weekend when lots of people have been
hosing off their boats and filling their tanks just in case a guest
pours themselves a glass.

We do both. We carry 400 gallons of water in two tanks. We wash our
boat before we fill the tanks. I have no hesitation about drinking
water from the tanks.

We also freeze water in bottles at home and put the frozen bottles in
the frig and freezer on the boat to help it keep cold. The ones in
the refrigerator we periodically put in the head for drinking or
taking pills. We also use those bottles to make sunshine tea. But
when we are living aboard, we keep the water fresh enough to drink
provided we don't fill the tanks with bad water to begin with.

grandma Rosalie