Garth Almgren

Default Tire pressure indicators

Around 3/30/2006 3:08 PM, Bishoop wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bishoop wrote:
Where are the pressure sensing devices located?

The wheels are sealed.

On my 4Runner, they are part of the valves, and fit inside the tires.

It cannot work that way on either my Buick LeSabre or Lucerne. There is
nothing inside the wheel attached to the valve. There is nothing inside the
tire/wheel except air!

Yep. GM uses the RPM method. Each tire's RPMs are monitored by the
computer using the ABS sensors, and if any one is off by 10% as compared
to the other three, it sets off a warning light.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing