JohnH

Default 1989 Sea Ray 220 - help please?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:29:15 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On 30 Mar 2006 03:02:20 -0800, "JasonB" wrote:

Hi all,

I have found two 1989 Sea Ray 220 DA boats that are pretty much the
same price (within budget) and thay pass the other test which is that
the Admiral likes the look of them. Let's not talk about the ones I
actually like..... Anyway, they look nice, tick all the boxes for the
family, and are clean. One has a 5 litre engine and not much in the
way of equipment - the other has a camper cover that caters for my 6ft
height (How can they produce camper covers that don't?), all the
electronic toys but the engine is a 4.3 that has been used in the sea
for at least the last three years.

So ..... is there anywhere where I could find reviews both of when they
were new and/or secondhand?
What weight were/are they? I want to get a trailer. All the ads have
different(1800Kg to 2400Kg) weights. Is there any website that would
have those kind of details? I haven't found any yet.
What about the engines? one is the Merc 4.3LX the other a 5.0 V8.
Fit a Fresh water cooling kit? I'd be using them in Sal****er.

Thanks in advance for all responses,

J.

I've got a 21' Proline with the 5.7L V8. It's well powered, but not over
powered. It's a 1997, used in Chesapeake Bay, and not fresh water cooled.
would choose the V8 over the V6 in a boat that old. My son-in-law has a
'new' Chaparral 24'er with a V6, and I have to admit it does pretty well,
even with four adults and several kids aboard.

I've replaced the manifolds and risers once, but I'm hoping to get several
more years out of the engine. I do flush it after every use.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Let us know.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Actually you cannot compare your Proline to this 22 foot SeaRay. The SeaRay
has a full cuddy and has to weigh more than your boat John.

We have a 4.3 L on our 21 footer and it is well powered. However, our cuddy
consists only of a small vbunk.

Go with the 5l. No one ever complained about having too much power.

Actually, I could. I simply didn't care to.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****