Mic

Default Build-it-yourself wind generators - Mic

On 28 Mar 2006 01:15:45 -0800, wrote:

Nice work Mic! Were you able to quantify the output?
Cheers, Jim

Thanks, but this was not my design or build but part of the various
system research I have been doing.

While sailing in warm a climate I saw a sailboat with an old style car
generator (not marinized) and back then there werent many marine
generators.

Part of the interest in the research is the manner in which
resourceful sailors choose to resolve issues in a practical manner.

This particular built is short of tech details so I have done some
more extensive research on the subject and even a little practical
work on this issue. A more extensive listing on this topic of wind
generators will be made.

Here's just one example I like with more tech:

http://www.velacreations.com/store.html
The Chispito Wind Generator is a 100W machine. It outputs 14volts at
275 rpm, so it starts putting power into your batteries in low wind
speeds (5-7mph).
CHISPITO BARE-BONES KIT - $95 FREE SHIPPING

http://www.velacreations.com/chispitobarebones.html
Assembly instructions

http://www.velacreations.com/chispito.html
HOW TO BUILD A CHISPITO WIND GENERATOR MANUAL

I figure that my interests regarding the topics of sailing are of
interest to others and

"I wouldn’t claim the long experience of the Dashews, Pardeys, or
other fonts of nautical knowledge, but as a regular voyager on the
cyber seas, I find that the treasures uncovered actually increase in
value as they prove useful to others."

And the front of the boat is the pointy end right?

Mic 67