Harry Krause

Default boat hull cleaning and polishing

Jim wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:35:27 -0400, Harry Krause

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:43:51 -0400, Ed wrote:

And good luck getting that poliglow stuff off in a year...It looked
great for about 9 months and then it started looking dirty where

diesel

soot worked it's way into it... I went through 3 bottles of remover

and

I finally had to work it off with compound.

???

Mine has been on for 6 years and it doesn't look like I'll be needing

to remove

it anytime soon. A friend had to remove and redo his after some

extensive hull

repairs, and it was very easy to do. Poli-prep softened it right up,

and we took

it off with scotchbrite pads. No harder than dewaxing a boat.

BB

Bill...what about UV....does PoliGlow block UV? If not, doesn't the gel
coat underneath the Poliglow simply get duller?

Poli-glow has UV protection. After 6 years of poli-glow my boat finish

looks

better than it ever did using wax. It now has more shine at the end of

the

boating season than it used to have at the beginning. My boat always

looks like

it is wet.

BB

Thanks...I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Before you $pend the bucks -- suggest you compare the ingredients to some of
the floor treatments avaiable. I heard someplace that it's comperable to
Mop and Glow floor wax (which isn't wax)

I'm not sure I'm getting your point here, Jim. If the boat stays shiny
and looks almost new year after year, and doesn't chalk up because ofUV
damage, what difference does it make whether poliglow is wax...or
something else?