Harry Krause

Default boat hull cleaning and polishing

wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:35:27 -0400, Harry Krause

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:43:51 -0400, Ed wrote:

And good luck getting that poliglow stuff off in a year...It looked
great for about 9 months and then it started looking dirty where diesel
soot worked it's way into it... I went through 3 bottles of remover and
I finally had to work it off with compound.

???

Mine has been on for 6 years and it doesn't look like I'll be needing to remove
it anytime soon. A friend had to remove and redo his after some extensive hull
repairs, and it was very easy to do. Poli-prep softened it right up, and we took
it off with scotchbrite pads. No harder than dewaxing a boat.

BB

Bill...what about UV....does PoliGlow block UV? If not, doesn't the gel
coat underneath the Poliglow simply get duller?

Poli-glow has UV protection. After 6 years of poli-glow my boat finish looks
better than it ever did using wax. It now has more shine at the end of the
boating season than it used to have at the beginning. My boat always looks like
it is wet.

BB

Thanks...I'm thinking of giving it a try.