Harry Krause

Default boat hull cleaning and polishing

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:43:51 -0400, Ed wrote:

And good luck getting that poliglow stuff off in a year...It looked
great for about 9 months and then it started looking dirty where diesel
soot worked it's way into it... I went through 3 bottles of remover and
I finally had to work it off with compound.

???

Mine has been on for 6 years and it doesn't look like I'll be needing to remove
it anytime soon. A friend had to remove and redo his after some extensive hull
repairs, and it was very easy to do. Poli-prep softened it right up, and we took
it off with scotchbrite pads. No harder than dewaxing a boat.

BB

Bill...what about UV....does PoliGlow block UV? If not, doesn't the gel
coat underneath the Poliglow simply get duller?