Don W

Default Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to removeit.

wrote:

I don' know where you are, but in the upper Chesapeake I hired a
fellow who had a scraping tool he developed. Took 20 yrs of bottom paint
off a 33 ft sailboat I bought for a cost of several hundred dollars.
Took him about 6 hours to do it.

I had tried the gel peel approach and found it a real mess and not very
effective. This approach was a bargain and no where near as abrasive as
blasting.

Well, don't quit there... Tell us more ;-) Was it a power
scraping tool? Does he sell this tool?

Don W. == who has studiously been ignoring the bottom of
the Catalina for the last several years ;-)