dog

Default Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to remove it.

On 2006-03-28 17:41:22 -0500, Stephen Trapani
said:

prodigal1 wrote:

Stephen Trapani wrote:

Well, so far I don't see anything in the thread better than the method
I last used, two guys with sharpened (and resharpened and
resharpened...) 3/4 inch chisels scraping their brains out. It took us
about three long days to do a 33ft sailboat.

How did you avoid gouging the ****e out of the gelcoat?

Push scraping, steep angle on the chisel blade, a piece of cardboard
between the back end of the chisel and your hand to hold down the
bruising, and it wasn't much of an issue.

I still think sodablasting is going to be a better way to do it. The
problem with just scraping the loose stuff and then painting over it
all, is that eventually, the stuff underneath lets go... and if it does
so in a large enough chunk, you'll end up with a big section of
unpainted bottom...and that may be asking for trouble.