Ed

Default boat hull cleaning and polishing

And good luck getting that poliglow stuff off in a year...It looked
great for about 9 months and then it started looking dirty where diesel
soot worked it's way into it... I went through 3 bottles of remover and
I finally had to work it off with compound.

wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:17:17 -0500, "RB" wrote:

Got a long neglected white, fiberglass boat hull I want to get looking nice.
I don't have the physical stamina and endurance to do much in the way of
physical labor. But, I do have a good electric buffer and lots of chamois
pads.

Is there any kind of gunk I can put on a buffer pad and let the buffer get
it cleaned up?

There are several good polishes that will finish the job that I can dry
buff, once I rub them on.

But, I need something to substitute for main strength and awkwardness in
getting the hull clean to the point I can then polish/wax it.

Buff it out with a medium compound to get rid of the really dead stuff. Then use
poli-prep followed by 6 or 7 wipe-on coats of Poli-Glow. This goes pretty fast,
as by the time you get around the boat, you can start the next coat. No buffing!
After that, your yearly maintenance will consist of washing the boat before
launch and wiping on two more coats of Poli-Glow. Your boat will be like a
mirror all season with no additional work.

BB
No connection to Poli-Glow other than as a very happy customer.