posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B

Default Bahamas/Abacos Cruising Information

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:55:26 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

Sounds like a fantastic trip, wish I were there!
You cross over on Lake Okeechobee? No draft problems? I thought about it
once when we had the Navigator in Jupiter, but I chickened out.

Come on down and join us for a few days, lots of room on the boat.

We crossed Lake O twice last year with no issues. The trip across FL
is not terribly exciting after you've done it once or twice but it is
several hundred miles shorter than going south through the Keys, and
the scenery on the southern edge of Lake Okeechobee is quite unique.