posted to rec.boats.building
cAtnEr

Default Volvo Penta Stern Drive

"DavidK" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Four WInns 17.5' 4.3L SX 1996. I recently took the boat for a

spin around the lake in anticipation of spring. When I got back I
noticed white foamy liquid coming out of a slot in the side of the
stern drive. Upon further review, gear oil has water in it.... My
question is...is this a common problem with Volvo Penta Stern drives?

No. It's a common problem when you have a leaky seal, or cracked housing.

How difficult is it to repair.

Not too difficult- Pull the drive and inspect. Follow the procedures in the
book to locate the leak. Check for additional damage.
Re-install and go boating.

--OR--

Take it to your friendly Marine Mechanic.