posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Lee Huddleston

Default Bahamas/Abacos Cruising Information

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:35:39 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

We are getting ready to leave in a couple of weeks for a cruise to the
Abacos. The plan is to leave from either Port St Lucie or Ft Pierce
on the FL east coast, cross the stream at night weather permitting,
and check in the next day at Walkers Cay. From there we plan to work
our way south along the northern rim of Great Abaco, ending up at
Marsh Harbor and beyond.

The Abacos are great for cruising, or were the last time I was there.
I heard recently that you could no longer check in at Walkers Cay.
You should find out for certain on this before your trip. Have a
great cruise. We are all envious. :-)

Lee Huddleston
s/v Truelove
on the hard at Bock Marine