thunder

Default Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:18:46 -0500, RCE wrote:

The US manufacturers, primarily Boeing, learned a lesson with the big
aircraft like the 747. They kept stretching it to increase capacity until
their airline customers couldn't fill them anymore and they began flying
at a loss. Instead of bigger, they produced new, fuel efficient smaller
airplanes like the 767 and 757, which, IMO, are the nicest and probably
safest commercial aircraft around from a design standpoint.

It looks like a cattle car to me, but it's interesting to note that Airbus
isn't expecting inroads into American skies, excepting freighters such as
FedEx. They expect their primary market to be developing countries. I'm
not sure how it will work out, but clearly, Boeing and Airbus are going in
different directions.

It seems to me, Airbus is taking quite a risk. Many airports are not
designed to accept such a large plane. You have to wonder how many are
willing to upgrade their infrastructures. As for loading and unloading,
there are plans for double-deck entry. Still, it's a cattle car.