dog

Default Favorite GPS

On 2006-03-26 11:59:18 -0500, "~^ beancounter ~^" said:

Dog how do you like the garmin blue chart software/maps? are they
ok, good, great? Do you know offhand, if I can run them on my garmin
396?

thanx a lot.......

The Garmin Blue Chart are fairly good, but a bit pricey for wide
coverage areas. The primary GPS I got for my boat is a 192C, as that
has full coastal US coverage maps included with the unit, but the OP
wanted a unit that could do both land and marine navigation, which the
192C can not do, but the 276C can. I do believe that they should work
with the 396 as well.

One thing I would mention, Garmin just released new BlueChart G2
software, which will probably drop the prices on the older BlueChart
software a bit.