Jim

Default When is the best time ???

purple_stars wrote:

Jim wrote:

purple_stars wrote:

Jasper Windvane wrote:
[snip]

my limited experience so far has been that boats have to be one of the
easiest things in the world to get a good deal on.

Wrong, boats are very easy to get a bad deal on. You can buy a lot of
boats that aren't worth the money (or effort) to make it functional,
sometimes, any function.

Want to buy an old wooden Chris Craft? You can get a lot of GREAT deals.

But most will never be a boat.

i never said lowest price = best deal, you did.

the definition of "good deal" is getting the highest value/quality for
the money.

Just so we don't argue about something we agree on, you are right about
value.

The original question was, "When is the best time?" My answer was, when
the boat (in your words) with the highest value/quality for the money
comes along.