Roger Long

Default Cooling water failure lesson

Here's something about cooling water intakes I learned the hard way
last year even though, somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I'm sure
I knew
better at the time.

Http://Home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Strider0603.htm#cooling

BTW there was quite a bit of discussion here about the Aqualarm when I
was putting it in last year. My conclusion after a season of sailing
is that it functions well as an alert to total stoppage but isn't much
good, at least with small engines, at alerting you to reductions in
flow. Ironically, my only cooling water system failure was caused by
the alarm installation itself. At least it told me though

Now that it's properly set up (or will be tomorrow) , I'm glad to have
it on my boat.

--

Roger Long