posted to rec.boats.building
Muttsdanglers

Default Advice required....Long or shortshaft??

I had been left a 15 foot speedboat when my uncle passed away that i decided
to clean up and repair, but i knew nothing about it at all when i started to
make repairs and get her ready to go back onto the water, anyway after many
weekends of rubbing down, painting and cleaning in places i did not know a
boat even had places she is ready to go onto the water............. and i
still don't know who made her!!

But i have come across a problem but i cant seem to find any sites that will
provide an answer.

How can i tell if this speedboat requires a long or shortshaft outboard??

Is there a measurement between the keel and mount that will give me the
answer??

Any help greatfully recieved.

TIA

Paul