posted to rec.boats.paddle
Hanta-Yo-Yo

Default A little rain, a little surf, a big whale, and a very happy paddler! :-)

Mothra wrote:
Whales! How wonderful, Melissa. And to have a friend you personally
know, too. I'm off to Tonga this September to swim with humpbacks -
evidently, it's the only place on the planet where it's legal to do so.
Danny B at Esalen has told me he's taken a raft out to watch humpbacks
mate. Evidently, it's a 2 male and one female event where one of the
whales forms a platform for the female to rest upon while the other
male mounts her. He didn't know how they decided which male was active
and which was support. Sounded very civilized to me. Whales have much
larger brain mass than humans, even when adjusted for body mass. I'm a
big whale fan! Thanks, Melissa. I'm sure Spot recognizes your call.
Come to Tonga with us? www.aquacranial.com is the website of Rebecca
Goff, a cetacean whisperer for sure - we met her in Hawaii last year
and took a trip to Bimini to swim with wild dolphins. . . . I hope
to paddle with whales this Spring. I've met someone who lives in Big
Sur and he says he'll take us to some places he knows where he paddles
with Grays. . . . . Keep communicating with Spot, Melissa. And
thank you for sharing with us!

My thoughts exactly! Tell Spot thanks, from all of us, for being your
friend! Your friendship with Spot increases all of our face and heart
value! HYY