Roger Long

Default LED question

I have to tear it apart and build a new one in 5 - 10 years anyway
because the batteries are totally sealed inside. Accidental
activation and running down of the batteries would be a drag but I
decided to make it totally watertight.

I now plan to put a short sail tie around the LED's when the boat is
not being used.

BTW Here's what the LED set up looks like:

Http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/MOB.htm#LED

--

Roger Long

"Keith" wrote in message
oups.com...
In the long run, sunlight is going to degrade any plastic, including
those LEDs. How long will it take? No idea, but I'd sure be checking
them along the way. The lenses in my running lights were really bad
after 16 years, so I replaced them when I bought the boat.