Glenn Ashmore

Default LED question

The sun will probably will have no effect but that does mean that the
pattern is Lambertian. Most of the light will be projected upward. You
might look for a couple of LEDs with a batwing pattern to change them out
with. They project more light to the sides.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Roger Long" wrote in message
news
The new MOB pole I built has two LED's that point straight up. They have a
magnifying lens in each end to make a beam.

Question: Is the sun shining down on these LED's going to cook and destroy
the element that makes the light?

I hope I don't have to add little hats or umbrellas to my MOB pole?

--

Roger Long