posted to rec.boats.paddle
(PeteCresswell)

Default Fla****er Speed/Paddling Ease: WaveWitch vs The Average Kayak?

Per Brian Nystrom:
It's probably comparable to a
Mariner Coaster, as there are several similarities between the two designs.

Thanks, that's what I was fishing for. I was mainly wondering how much of a
pig it was going to be if I paddled it around the local lake between trips to
the shore. I've had a Mariner Coaster. Liked the coaster a lot... Currently
paddling a Findeisen spec ski.

Call me jaded, but whenever I see someone claiming a "breakthrough" in
kayak design, I become very skeptical. The principles of hydrodynamics
are well-known and any advances in design are going to be incremental at
best.

I don't think of this thing as claiming any special attributes beyond being
compromised in favor of surf use. I'm guessing that it's more of a planing
hull than a displacement hull.

--
PeteCresswell