Gould 0738

Default Any info/experiences good or bad with 12M Prowlers???

Heading out this weekend to have a look at a 1988 12M Prowler. Was thinking
that someone out there might have something to say about this model or
manufacturer (good or bad please)
If we are serious, I would have full mechanical and hull surveys done and
any offer would be pending satisfactory survey.
How about it folks, any body had one or been on one and be willing to give
me some insight.
Appreciate any info.
Best Rgds
Bob

I've sold a couple of these. One aft cabin, and an older Prowler flybridge
sedan with a cockpit about the same size. Very nice boats with a few "isms".

Construction quality is above average, IMO. Interior trim and fitting a little
nicer yet. IIRC, Prowler was associated with Cooper Yachts out of Vancouver BC.
Cooper is known for high end, high $$$ product.

You wind up with a little of everything in about a 36-footer, but some would
say maybe not enough of any particular thing.
They try to put a lot of content into a tight space.

The flybridge is just roomy enough, the aft deck is tight enough to be "busy",
(and be sensitive to the COG and the rolling motion if you stick a heavy
hardtop over the aft deck). The cockpit on the FB sedan was short, and the
climb up to the bridge pretty steep.

The boat will run out fairly well. I ran one with a couple of big block gassers
from Port Orchard to Seattle, and kept pace with a ferry doing in excess of
20-knots.

Depending on your intended usage and your personal tastes, a Prowler might give
you very good service. If you really like the boat, there's no well-known
reason acknowledged throughout the industry that would make it a poor choice.