Capt Lou

Default What's up with USCGAUX?

Funny thing, after 25 years of volunteering my time and boat to the auxiliary,
I am now seeking retirement status. If they don't know who I am by now, what
does that tell you? I know we are at war, and must be forever vigilant, but
let's exempt those who have been involved for so long. Do it to the new people,
but not us "veterans."

I understand that 40 per cent of the auxiliary membership in my Division feels
the same way and has failed to return the latest security paperwork. They do
not want to subject themselves to fingerprinting, background checks, credit
checks, or passing gas or whatever.

The Auxiliary is supposed to be made up of civilian volunteers who teach safe
boating and do safety patrols with their boats.

"Listen to the live broadcast of 'Nautical Talk Radio' with Captain Lou every
Sunday afternoon from 4 - 5 (Eastern Standard Time) on the web at
www.959watd.com or if you are in Boston or Cape Cod set your radio dial to
95.9FM.