Dennis Pogson

Default Gluing Foam-backed Vinyl Headliner to Plywood

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
3M 90 spray adhesive. Easy to apply fairly neatly and will even hold
SoundDown leaded insulation to the top of my engine compartment. You
have about 1 minute to get the liner on smooth and then it will never
move again.

"cvj" wrote in message
Could someone advise me of an adhesive to attach a foam-backed Vinyl
Headliner to a plywood sheet? I am looking for something that is
easy to apply (spray can?) but at the same time does not damage the
foam through some kind of chemical inter-action.

Thanks in advance

Claus

For really good adhesion which lasts for years, I have found the spray-can
adhesives to be less useful than floor-tile adhesive, which is available in
large volume cans, is easy to spread (naturally), and does not have the same
tendency to affect the sinuses as the spray-can stuff.

Any spray-can adhesive I have used only seems to last a season or two, and I
think it is the volume per sq-metre, compared to the spread adhesives, which
is lacking. They are OK for doing small repair jobs, but if you want your
plywood panels to look good for years, use the above.

Dennis.