posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jean Pudl

Default Learning to sail the USA way.

Mys Terry wrote:
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:57:02 -0500, Jean Pudl wrote:

Mys Terry wrote:

Junior High School starts in the 9th grade.

Its pretty clear you never got that far. Every junior high school
I've heard of started in 6th or 7th grade

You are correct on one count and incorrect on another. These days they have
"middle schools" that start with 6th grade. 9th grade was the last year for
Junior Highs and is now the first year of high school.

I'm well aware of this - my town has middle schools that are 6-7-8th
grade. However, I didn't want to quibble about whether its called
"junior" or "middle" or whether is 6th or 7th since there could be
small differences across the country. But I still doubt there is a
Junior High that starts in 9th grade.