Tony Thomas

Default Water in the Bildge - Normal???

NO. There is a leak of some kind unless your putting the water in by way of
swimming and water sports when you get back into the boat.
You don't say how old the boat is but if over 5 years old, I would suggest
you take a weekend and remove every bolt that goes into the transom (one at
a time) and clean, silicone the hole, and reinstall. You need to do this to
prevent transom rot anyway. Chances are you have a leak around one of the
motor bolts or the drain plug. By the way, make sure the drain plug is in
good shape and sealing properly.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Ernie" wrote in message
I have a 17' outboard that I purchases last June that always has water

in
the bildge area. Is this normal?