anon

Default EP: Yanmar YSB12 starts after long layup,..

On 21 Mar 2006 16:15:02 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:14:33 GMT, mrs peel said:

Dave, can you try and describe how the main cockpit lever operates?
Maybe after it's loosened up I'll able to tell where "back past the
idle position is". Mine has just one lever which I'm guessing is 3
position but I don't know how the lever position is related to the
engine speed.

If you look at the back/bottom/inside of the "cockpit lever" you will
see a bracket that supports two cables. If you move the lever you will
note that one of the cables moves an inch or so very quickly and then
further movement of the lever has no more effect on that cable. Moving
the lever forward will extent or retract the cable and moving the
lever to the rear will move the cable in the opposite direction.
This is the shift cable and logically the initial movement of the
control lever puts the transmission in gear -- forward = go ahead and
back = go backward.

There is a second cable that moves in the same direction when the
lever is moved either forward or rearward, and moves for the whole
movement of the lever. This is the throttle cable.

There should be a third control. By pressing a button or pulling the
control lever outward, you should be able to operate only the throttle
without engaging the transmission. For warm up, etc.

Cheers

Anon
)
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server