posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default US Sailing is NOT the governing body of the sport.

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message news:XbXTf.8

One final point. I think bogUS Sailing should lose it's non-profit
status--because they do not represent their constituents.

If that is part of their bylaws, you may have them. Usually a slim chance.

However if you can show that profits are directed back toward officers and
directors you do then have them. It may not have to be monetary profit,
maybe just some unusual perks or preferential treatment.

Also check for political bias.

I think I'll look up the tax laws on the subject. I'll bet I can
find an issue to support my assertion.

It may be better to audit their books.