Don White

Default Kentucky May Do Away With Boat Launching Fees

CalifBill wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:29:15 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

om...

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:00:47 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

I like the bike idea. But, only if roads are REALLY designed to make
it
safe to use bikes. One step in that direction would be mandatory
annual
driving & vision re-testing for anyone over 50. A few years back, an
old
lady here hit two girls who were standing ON THE SIDEWALK. She said
she
thought they were garbage cans. As much as I love biking, there
aren't
many places I feel safe.

Same here. About 8 months before I retired, I bought a 'comfort' type
bike

from a well respected local bike shop. I had a number of the

components
upgraded, such as crank, seat, rear wheel & spokes etc before picking
it
up April 2003.
I used it regularly until the end of that October. I may have used it
once
since then.
Here on the peninsula, the streets can be narrow and hilly with heavy
traffic at times. (think a smaller version of Boston downtown)

I don't understand why people don't think about elderly drivers
correctly.
They think it's funny that old people drive down a 40 mph street doing
11
mph. But, nobody really wants to face reality and think about WHY old
people
are driving that way.

Hell I do that.

You do it consciously, as a hobby. That's different.

ROTFL!!!

You're pretty easy to figure out, Tom. You're like me in some ways,
although I might be more subtle. I hate it when I'm doing 72 in on a 65
mph highway, with plenty of room ahead of me, and some putz starts
passing me at 72.38 mph. I just know that he's gonna get two car lengths
ahead of me and drop into my lane & slow down. So, I tweak the cruise
control to 74-ish, and make him speed up. I'll do this 2-3 times to make
sure he's serious. Usually, he's not.

I'm also an artist with the side view mirrors. At night, the same kinds
of putzes like to get into my blind spot, so their lights shine right in
my eyes. I adjust the mirror and send the gift back to him. Great fun.
Almost ran someone right off the road once, but usually, it just forces
them to make up their minds and either pass like a real man, or back the
hell off.

I used to do a lot of that 'mirror adjusting' when people would ride my
ass with their beams shining in my face.
Way back, I was irritated with oncoming traffic not dimming from high beam
on two lane highways. My brother-in-law bought me a beautiful sealed beam
unit from Bosch that was more powerful than normal...in fact later on that
powerful bulb was outlawed in this province.
If some jackass came at me with his brights on, I'd reply with mine. That
always brought a reaction.
Another thing I would do is let a car tailgating me with highbeams pass...
then I'd ride his ass for a few miles with my Bosch beams lighting up his
whole interior.
Now I live in town and rarely drive any distance at night.

So.because he is an idiot, you become one also?

I figure it's my duty to help stamp out idiocy.
Don't take it personal Billy.