posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Default pinstripe removal

Bob Crantz wrote:
Try Acetone or MEK.

3M makes some nifty products for goo removal too.

Amen!

"barret bonden" wrote in message
Have a flaking decayed red (plastic of some sort) stick on stripe around
the whole boat just under the gunwale. I read ads for "Molding Adhesive
and
Stripe Removal Disc" kits; circular disks (plastic of some sort) that
attach to hand drills and scour off car decals. I would assume that if
these things don't hurt car paint they won't bother jell coat (?)

I've also heard of using a hair dryer - my girlfriend has graciously
volunteered hers..anyone with experince in this ?

Acetone can make your gelcoat soften...iif you leave it on long
enough to work on the tape, you're taking a chance that you'll do
damage to your paint and fiberglass...