posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats
Don White

Default Kentucky May Do Away With Boat Launching Fees

Doug Kanter wrote:

I like the bike idea. But, only if roads are REALLY designed to make it safe
to use bikes. One step in that direction would be mandatory annual driving &
vision re-testing for anyone over 50. A few years back, an old lady here hit
two girls who were standing ON THE SIDEWALK. She said she thought they were
garbage cans. As much as I love biking, there aren't many places I feel
safe.

Same here. About 8 months before I retired, I bought a 'comfort' type
bike from a well respected local bike shop. I had a number of the
components upgraded, such as crank, seat, rear wheel & spokes etc before
picking it up April 2003.
I used it regularly until the end of that October. I may have used it
once since then.
Here on the peninsula, the streets can be narrow and hilly with heavy
traffic at times. (think a smaller version of Boston downtown)