posted to rec.boats.paddle
Michael Daly

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

On 20-Mar-2006, Bill Tuthill wrote:

Could be the latex in your jacket was of higher quality, or newer.

The Kokatat jacket was older and one of the low end models. The Stolquist
was a lot pricier and high end.

Perhaps this 303 business is an urban-stream legend. But probably not,

I know - I've seen lots of recommendations from almost every manufacturer.

The benefit of 303 on latex seems mostly for lubrication, rather than
UV protection.

I've seen the recommendations mostly based on UV protection.

"In general, Latex will decay from salt/sweat."
http://www.purplepassion.com/purple-passion-hints.html

Interesting - I guess I don't have the same hobbies as you :-)

Mike