posted to rec.boats.paddle
(PeteCresswell)

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

Per Bill Tuthill:
Could be the latex in your jacket was of higher quality, or newer.
Perhaps this 303 business is an urban-stream legend. But probably not,
given all the equipment vendors recommending its use, for example:

Dunno if my seals are/were latex or neoprene, but before I started slathering
them in 303 after every use, I was getting 18 months absolute max out of a set
of neck/wrist seals. Now I'm getting more than 3 years...

Also, I've discovered two ways to toast a set of seals virtually overnight:
1) Leave the suit in a vehicle that gets very hot inside.

2) Store the suit in one's garage near to an old 1920's-era beer refrigerator
that's emitting ozone.
PeteCresswell