posted to rec.boats.paddle
Brian Nystrom

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Brian Nystrom:

Latex socks are vastly superior to ankle seals.

I finally got socks, but a reservation still nags at me.
Namely, if I flood the suit I'll be unable to drain
water at the ankle cuffs.

Have you ever flooded your suit? Do you even know of anyone who has ever
flooded a suit? This is a common concern among paddlers, but I think
it's largely a red herring. It's more of a concern for WW paddlers than
for people like me who are sea kayakers, but it still seems to me that
the likelihood of it happening is not much higher than being struck by
lightning.