posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

Default Raymarine Raytech RNS 6.0

"Kees Verruijt" wrote in message
But, Larry might still object to the "screw-terminals-to-crush-wires-
with" that you use (like Noland). Note: he said it, not me. I actually
_like_ them. But that's probably 'cause I am European... Quoting Larry
again, this time on Raymarine's NMEA converter box:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with screw terminals. They don't crush
wires when used properly. Most important is not to tin the wires before
putting them in the terminals.

The connector box uses those little European screw terminals in a poly
plastic strip you shove the wires in the side holes on each side and
clamp them with a jeweler's screwdriver through the hole provided.

Oops, even this criticism could be applied to your multiplexer:

Don't worry about it. We use non-ferrous screw terminals and they (the
multiplexers) have been tested in a salt mist and spray test for 28 days at
95% hum. and 35 degr. C. There was almost no corrosion found.

Kees
(Happy Shipmodul Customer)

:-)

Meindert