posted to rec.boats.paddle
Michael Daly

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

On 19-Mar-2006, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I finally got socks, but a reservation still nags at me.
Namely, if I flood the suit I'll be unable to drain
water at the ankle cuffs.

If your life is in danger, pull your knife and cut the booties open.

If you flood your drysuit by leaving the relief zipper open, it's probably
Murphy tapping you on the shoulder. Consider the cost of fixing the
suit his fee. If you have neglected maintenance and your seals fail,
ditto. If you tear the suit, I'd consider that a rare event - I've worn
lots of GoreTex clothing over the years and haven't ripped anything yet.
Those fabrics are pretty tough and my GoreTex drysuit (Stolquist) is at
least that tough. Since the odds are a tad long, cut and fix later - this
shouldn't be a recurring cost.

Mike