posted to rec.boats.paddle
Larry C

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

Pete Cresswell enquired

Per Larry C:

something really stupid like
leave the relief zipper open.

Have you ever heard of somebody doing this?

How do you think I know that it's hard to swim in a flooded drysuit
:^). If you did a search on the subject, you may still find the
archived
account of this unfortune incident. I haven't forgotten to check the
relief zipper since that incident though.

To comment on the other concern, if you are properly layered, you will
still stay fairly warm once you get the water out of the suit. On the
day that my suit flooded, I actually became mildly hypothermic, but
that was because of long term exposure to falling temperatures with a
strong wind in a wet environment. A women companion that was with me
that day was wearing a full goretex drysuit with proper layers
underneath, but she was also getting hypothermic before we got to where
we could get off the river.