Don W

Default Bicycle ,, Where do you put it?

Larry wrote:
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in
news:ODnTf.212$kB1.154@trndny07:

I think a bicyle and a sailboat are about the two best things in the
whole wide world; period.

A rideable bike is pretty bulky to store on a boat. Besides, if you've
been to sea, you've gotten plenty of exercise in muscles you didn't know
you had, so you deserve a little RnR in port. So, I got this one because
it was better'n Cap'n Geoffrey's scooter and its wider tires don't drop
in the gaps his do on the crappy docks.

http://www.largoscooters.com/bladezxtrse.html
I got mine for $299 on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods last year.

It'll run 16mph for 8 miles, lots further if you drive slower at bike
speed. The only noise is the tires on the road and a little from the
chain drive. BladeZ' are very nicely made units.

snip

I've seen kids around here riding these things. They go amazingly fast
and quite a long distance between recharges. Other people may think its
a little funny to see an adult on a scooter, but I think you've got a
winner for that 2 mile to the grocery store and back. Looks like it
folds up pretty compact also.

Interesting solution.

Don W.