Harlan Lachman

Default Bicycle ,, Where do you put it?

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote:

I'm sure some of you cruising sailors carry a bicycle of some sort on your
boat ,, you do, right?

Where do you keep it? Do you break it down and stow it that way?

Yes - Bob got a folding bike for his birthday and it came with a bag
to stow it in folded. The first year I tried to ride it, but it is
just too big for me and can't be adjusted down. The second year he
had a regular bike, but it just got terribly rusty. He got a folding
bike for me second hand for about $25 and fixed it up and sewed a bag
for it too. We stowed them back by the dinghy (center cockpit boat).
They can actually be taken ashore in a dingy unless you have a kayak
or something.

It is still a pain to get them on and off the boat.

I think a bicyle and a sailboat are about the two best things in the whole
wide world; period.

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasley/id1.html

My brother and his wife cruise off the NE coast each summer on his
J/34C. They used to have folding bikes and decided their regular road
bikes were more comfortable and worked better and they sacrificed one QB
and some bungie cords. With wheels off, most road bikes (or cross bikes)
fit in larger boats.

To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?