posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

Larry C wrote:

Booties are great and I'll never own a drysuit without them. They make
the suit much easier to get into and your feet stay dry and much
warmer. I have latex booties on the bibs and have not had a durablity
issue with them, but I am careful. If I had it done today, I think I
would opt for the goretex or goretex clones socks instead of the latex.

Now there's a tip I hadn't thought about! That sure takes away some of
the limitations of latex! Thanks Larry!

I had KoKotat install the relief zipper and booties while they were
doing some warrenty repair for me. There are a couple of companies that
advertize on BT that replace gaskets (a job you can do yourself if you
have the time) , they may do the zipper also. I assume that all of
these companies are US based.

Yeah, I'm looking for EU based alternatives, mainly because it's cheaper
and less hassle.

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe