FREDO

Default How many DFG enforcement agents in your state?

204 for Indiana
On 19 Mar 2006 07:25:46 -0800, "FishWisher"
wrote:

I have just learned that there are 189 DFG Game Wardens in the entire
state of California. My initial response is that this is an absurdly
low number. Many of us recreational fishermen and even many in DFG
itself would like to see the state employ a lot more. Our state has
about 36,000,000 people; 2,000,000 purchase a sport fishing license
each year.

3,405,000 Democrats - 565 Republicans.

50 members of the State Environmental Conservation Police, 29 are
slated to retire between 2006 - 2009 leaving 24 for the foreseeable
future. There are no plans to replace the retiring officers.

http://dep.state.ct.us/rec/law_enf/2004annualreport.pdf

Many of us believe that poaching is a huge problem here. How 'bout your
state?

Legal or illegal?

If it's illegal, it a very real problem and one that is not addressed
by any of the fisheries councils - both sweet or salt water fisheries.