FishWisher

Default How many DFG enforcement agents in your state?

Have done some more research today:

====================
From http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/ce/news/o...80609.htm#art4

According to the most recent figures released by the U.S. Fish &
Wildlife Service, Wisconsin has one warden per 10,469 warden hunters
and anglers, compared to the national average of one warden per 5,700
hunters and anglers. Wisconsin's ratio improved from the previous
year, but so did other states' ratios.
============

It's pretty slim pickins' to find ratio info. But according to the
above, the national average is 1 warden per 5700 hunters and anglers.

I have researched California hunting licenses for 2005: 300,000
Also California rec fishing licenses of all kinds approx: 2,000,000

So, if we do have 189 wardens (A DFG employee stated that) we have a
ratio of 1 warden for each 12,170 hunters and anglers.

Bottom line: California appears to have less than half the number of
wardens that other states employ on average based on wardens per
sportman. If these numbers are true, the statement that California
refuses to enforce its fishing regulations rings very true indeed.

Why do the legislators in the largest state of the union get away with
being so unconcerned about the enforcement of our wildlife,
conservation and environmental laws?

But hey, the stars shine brightly in LaLa Land!

Whatever, dude!

Dale