posted to rec.boats.paddle
Kevin Singleton

Default Fishing Kayak fish finder reviews

I use a Humminbird Piranha, and have no complaints. It's not the latest
model, but it's not more than about 4 years old. I have the transducer
mounted in the hull of my sit-on-top, and the display is mounted to a flat
area within easy reach. The battery is in a dry bag, and secured within the
forward hatch. I mounted the transducer with marine Goop, as far back as I
could, to get to a more horizontal area of the hull, but it's still at about
a 5 degree angle. I get good feedback from the device, and it's especially
helpful for identifying structure and changes in bottom density, along with
depth and spotting fish.

I used a maple block and wood screws to mount the display. The maple block
is inside the hull, and everything is sealed with silicon.

Kevin
"MB" wrote in message
news
Hope this is not the incorrect forum to bring this up......

I'm the happy owner of a Wilderness Systems Pungo 140, really love it.
I'd like to buy a fish finder ( a mountable one, not one of those hand
held or wrist watch models), in the $100.00 - $150.00 range.

Any reviews, feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, I'm familiar with the Kayak Fishing Stuff website and forums, I'm
looking farther afield here.

Thanks very much,

MB