posted to rec.boats.building
Glenn Ashmore

Default Marine grade electricals

CTI's F series is probably going to be your best bet in generic NEMA4
joysticks. I am using one on my CNC router table for jog/shuttle control
and it works great. Not a marine application but it sure catches a lot of
crap. Bashed by slabs of wood and metal, splashed with coolant etc.
http://www.ctielectronics.com/miniature_joysticks.htm .

Most of the regular marine suppliers build them specific to their systems.

RayMarine makes a heavy duty electric joystick for about $500 but it may
work only with their autopilot. However Ultradynamic also offers one as an
add on to their jet drives that looks suspiciously like the RayMarine.
Volvo has one but it seems to be custom for their IPS drive systems. Gresen
and Parker both make a marine grade hydraulic system that are used on big
ships. Mathers Marine makes a joystick panel but I think it only works
with their MasterCommand system.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Brian D" wrote in message
Hi,

Anybody know where I can get marine grade (NEMA 4X / IP-66 or better)
joysticks, potentiometers, rocker switches and the like? Need to install
a bunch of these on a 286' ship... and they'll have direct weather
exposure. Preferably, these items would be the larger kind that you see on
tractors and what not since they'll be operated by gloved hands.

Thx,
Brian D