Joe Parsons

Default what throttle setting gives best fuel economy?

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:50:24 -0800, "Griss" wrote:

"Slambram" wrote
If you
really want to know, get a fuel flow meter or sometimes you can plug
into your fuel injected engine's diagnostic port and get this info
with the right equipment.

They also make fuel flow meters that can link with output from common GPS
units for miles per gallon read-out . I can't remember what that link is
called - all I remember is that my (fairly old - maybe 10 years) GPS doesn't
have it. Of course, this stuff isn't cheap, but for a gadget freak, it
would be worth it, I'd guess.

NavMan makes a unit like that. It's actually not all that expensive,
considering the price of fuel these days--and considering the difference
throttle setting may make on actual fuel economy.

I have the fuel meter alone, not the one that talks to the GPS. IF I ever get
around to installing it, I'll let you know how it works!

http://www.navman.com/marine/products/fuel/

Joe Parsons